It is quite common that you come across various problems in your company. Now you can determine the root cause of the problem using analysis templates available in excel tool here.
Everything that happens has a root cause. The root cause isn’t like an immediate cause that looks like the origin of the problem. A root cause of any problem is the base that gives birth to the cause, no matter after how many phases the problem has shown apparent effects.
Thus, the analyst performs a special tool to find the root cause of any issue or problem. For this purpose, the root cause analysis templates are helpful to successfully implement the approach.
Root Cause Analysis Templates
Further, a root cause analysis template provides guidelines on how to find a root cause of a problem or issue. It guides to dig deep down to the rock bottom of any problem. So, the analyst can find the rock bottom cause by finding links between each possible cause.
Here, one thing is important to understand that the cause of triggering issue isn’t always apparent. In many cases, the cause that triggers the issue to generate apparent results can be the root cause.
The root cause analysis makes use of different strategies to evaluate the root cause of an issue. Also, root cause analysis can be performed as a reactive analysis. However, many times in the project planning stage the root cause analysis works as a proactive approach to find out the solutions to potential risks.
The analysts use brainstorming, mind-mapping, Synectic’s, reverse thinking, and questioning assumption techniques to find the root cause of an issue. However, there are many other approaches like attribute listing, visualization, SCAMPER, and brainwriting to figure out the root cause of any problem.
Moreover, you can determine the issue and its effect in your trading place as well as using the excel tools. It is practice make in both small and large corporations.
On the other hand, you can make a detailed analysis of the problem and therefore outline plans accordingly.
Definitely inspecting the problem and then outlining the solution requirements, a detailed examination of the problem.
Corrective action for the project on time ensures your project completed on time, without affecting its duration and budget as well. Above all, what is the actual problem and who can solve it is another vital part of this template. You can download it for the whole of the company or for a particular department.
Root Cause Analysis for Risk Management
Risk management is an important function of any business development or project management. The project managers must identify the potential risks to the project components. So, the analysis can be performed to apply a good response plan.
Here, the root cause analysis works as a proactive tool to find out the best mitigation strategy of the identified potential risk.
Root cause analysis works on the concept to evaluate each linking process to find out which causes the problem in the first place. So, all the direct and indirect links are identified and evaluated to separate the reactions, triggering point, and original of a problem.
The root cause can be anything such as the physical, human or organizational cause. Thus, all the problems having causes any of the above are identified using root cause analysis techniques.
Root Cause Analysis Templates Format
Develop your root analysis report using this excel sheet and make your company above in the competitors. Consider the format of the sheet:
You have a timeline for the problem and solution.
- In a like manner, some of the incidents occur before the problem and some are resultant due to it. You can now see when any specific issue actually occurs and when it strikes the particular department using this worksheet.
- Specifically, the exact date, month, and time of the issue is always part of the sheet. For more, the sheet consists of: “organizations”, “agency”, “reference number”, “event details”, “event description” and “list of team members”. Root Cause Analysis Templates.
- In other words, you can see the team leader and team members as well. this is to show, who was actually the part of the issue and how they are affected anyway. This sheet is available free of cost.
Do you have an event description? Get More Analysis Templates.
- Well, the event description is made up of certain aspects. You can share this data with the team leaders or top management as well.
- By the same token, it is made up of, “timeline”, “investigative team”, “method”, “root cause” and “action”.
It helps in finding the corrective action for the problem on time.
- Most of the time, certain problems require instant action and this is possible using this excel sheet.
- Moreover, a certain budget is available, and to solve the problem you can carry out the solution at a limited cost.
- You are able to identify the right actions and their time required as well.
Simple Root Cause Analysis Templates spreadsheet
This time, you can check the issue background as well with this simple, yet useful excel sheet. Risk findings, as well as background summary of the problem, is available as well.
You can now prevent the same problem in the future by making realistic corrective plans.
Six Sigma excel Root Cause Analysis Templates
In case, any problem is occurring, again and again, you may need to describe the problem fully and this is easy with the availability of this template. It even shows the full incident details and mapped out process, if applicable as well.
How to use Root Cause Analysis Template?
A root cause analysis template can be used to find out the actual cause of any issue. A six steps approach is helpful to use a root cause analysis. It focuses on defining the issue and doing research to find out the impact, duration, and symptoms of the issue.
Use the chain reaction approach to find links and chain of issues to reach out to the root cause of any problem. Finally, define the recommendations and implement the solution to the underlying problem. Further, continuously monitor the implemented solution for improvements.