Project Update Template report or status is very important for your running/pending project and through its template, you can easily manage it. Today, there are several kinds of management techniques are implemented to complete specific assignments and tasks.
Basically, a project update works as a status report of a project which tells us current project progress, phase, and milestones that have been completed. This update is shared with project managers, top management, the board of directors, and stakeholders.
So, whenever a project phase, a goal of the project, milestones are achieved, we send this project update to concerned personnel.
So, in this regards different types of managerial tools and templates are also being used you can easily get them and use them according to your requirements. This project management tool has different features.
Features of Project Update Template Excel
Here are some core features of this template:
- You can easily edit/customize them
- This template allows you many options for controlling the project
- You can make a project reporting dashboard for your working employees
- You can make an allotment of tasks between your employees
- This project update format helps you to keep up to date with the current status of your project
- You can use this format in different types (word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- You can also share reports with your top management, clients, stakeholders, and partners
Steps to Create a Project Update
Here are a few steps to create a project update that are following:
First of all, you need to add a new project update to its excel sheet.
Second, you need to give it a unique identification to this latest update which can be a name or number.
Now, in the sender option, you have to add those project stakeholders, partners, or clients to whom you want to send this project update.
After that, you can save it and send it by email or produced prints and send it via mail.
Types Of Project Reporting Templates
In project management, we need to report on each task, phase, or work package completion. So, to write a report we need a professional format that can support our reporting requirements. Here are some highly recommended templates:
Project Status Report Template
This project report template is also working as a project update that provides brief information on the current project status, project development, or project phase. You can use this data in your report.
Project Progress Report Template
This document report tells us how much a project has been completed and what is due. Basically, it drafts project activities that are executed, tasks that are completed, and milestones that are achieved.
Project Milestones Report Template
Project Milestones is the list of the project’s main objectives and goals that we are going to complete. So, whenever a milestone is achieved we make a report on it and send it to the project manager.
Besides these, there are some other project reports that we need in project management and these are the following:
- Risk Report (This report tells all known and unknown risks that we might face during a project).
- Executive Report ( An executive report refers to an executive summary that explains the whole project plan, objectives, goals, and achievements in the form of a summary).
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Report (This analysis report explains how much we can get benefits on a certain investment, as well as tells us opportunities in the project).
- Resource Report (This report tells us complete details of all resources that are required and available).
- Gap Analysis Report (This analysis document provides brief information on actual project status and required project status or outcome).