In project management, resource planning refers to evaluating resources that are required to complete a project and allocated to team members according to their nature of work and skills. This technique helps us to increase project growth rate through team members by providing the right job that increases their productivity.
However, how can also track, monitor, and control work progress that allows you to keep the project on track and budget as well.
This project planning tool helps you to manage and facilitate working staff to understand their nature of work. Usually, project managers are resources planners, but on mega projects, a resource planner can be a top management member that also provides assistance to managing resource capacity.
Resource Planning Template
Speaking about this, your project success completely lies in the fact that if require resources are available and how efficiently you are allocating them for the project.
Resource planning involves the management of all resources like human resources, management resources, material resources, etc. This template helps us to evaluate which kind of resources are needed to complete a project as well as tells us about the number of resources too.
Furthermore, they are also required for other operations in the company, therefore there must be a plan which is beneficial for all.
Resource Planning Template Format & Specifications
Go through our range of free excel templates and understand their format and specifications as well:
Excel-based Resource Plan
Complete your project successfully with this template:
- As a matter of fact, according to the recent survey, 97% of projects face failure due to no planning for using the resources smartly! With this excel worksheet; you can reduce the risk of project failure with better resource planning!
- Not to mention this, on any day, your project team can simply start working without dealing with the struggle to find the resources and then start working! This means better goal achievement % than usual.
- On the other hand, there is a better flow between the work activities and your project team can ensure milestone achievement on time. Look out for the project timeline and make any changes if required!
Resource Plan Templates for Project Managers
Identify the right resources at the right time with this free excel worksheet:
- As an illustration, for each of the project stages, there are certain numbers of people required to fill each role and you can now identify them with a resource plan template.
- What is even best is that you can see the start and end dates for each resource filled. This means you can now plan for the future with the help of this template.
Resource Capacity Planning Excel Template
Resource Capacity planning is the main part of this resource planning, which helps to evaluate how much material resources, human resources, and managerial resources are required to complete project requirements.
- Not to mention this, you are able to plan smartly if you have all the data available with you about all the resources and use them in the most efficient manner.
- In particular, you can now identify human resources and equipment resources separately. This means you can have a focus on all at a single platform.
- What is the total amount of raw material required to accomplish the project? identify this with our free templates.
Step To Make Resource Management Plan
Below there are 4 steps that help project managers to make a Resource Management Plan
In this step, the project manager conducts a GAP analysis that provides current and required project status. After that, they make plans according to stats.
This analysis report provides brief information on resources (quantity and availability) on the basis of team member roles, work nature, and project timeline.
Implement Resource Strategies
The second step is to make a strategic plan of implementing a resource plan or allocation plan of resources among team members.
This step involves resource managers allocating resources to team members according to project needs. The manager also makes sure of the availability of resources because sometimes there are different team members requesting the same resource.